Systems and Data Developer
|Job Title||Systems and Data Developer|
|Location||Salford, Greater Manchester|
|Reports To||Head of Finance and Services|
|Salary||£27K to £29K|
|Closing Date||Monday, July 11, 2022|
Here at Action For Humanity, we have an exciting opportunity for a Systems & Data Developer to join our Finance & Services department based in Salford, Greater Manchester. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £27,000 - £30,000 per annum.
As our Systems & Data Developer, you will be responsible for managing, administrating and maintaining the organisations systems and data. You will have a key role in new solution development, assessment, design, project management, and estimations.
Your responsibilities as our Systems & Data Developer will include:
- -Maintaining and extending existing system features, and collaborating with the team to speculate, design and build features end-to-end, as well as ideating software solutions, especially website and CRM
- -Estimating software solutions time and budget
- -Working with the team to ensure software solutions are documented, tested and meet stated requirements
- -Consistently delivering accurate and high-quality solutions to enable the company to continue to become more effective and successful through technology
- -Understanding and adopting software quality standards, tooling, and best practices
- -Testing software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- -Developing and managing well-functioning databases and applications
- -Writing effective APIs if and when required
- -Overseeing front-end and back-end of applications
- -Troubleshooting, debugging and upgrading software
- -Creating security and data protection settings
- -Ensuring organisation is always technically compliant with relevant regulations and guidelines including GDPR
- -Building features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- -Writing technical documentation including instructions and manuals
- -Understanding the organisation’s data structure and assisting in mining and utilising the data
- -Analysing and interrogating data to discover trends and patterns, then present this information in simple layman's formats
- -Maintaining awareness of new technologies and how they can be used to provide solutions to business problems
- -Providing ongoing support to existing solutions
What we’re looking for in our Systems & Data Developer:
• -Knowledge of Systems and Data Development and its application
• -2+ years’ experience within a charity or in a similar environment
• -The ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise a complicated workload
•-A proven track record of success in working in an organisation of complexity, to deliver high-quality results to deadlines
• -Demonstrable experience of applying effective problem-solving techniques
• -The ability to work under pressure, manage time, workload and prioritise work to deadlines
• -Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• -A self-motivated individual with an ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• -Good independent judgement and the ability to challenge constructively
• -Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
• -An effective communicator who is able to develop strong relationships with the fundraising team, key people within the company and external stakeholders
• -Strong written and spoken English essential
Benefits of joining us as our Systems & Data Developer include:
- -Company Holidays
- -Sick Pay, and Matched Pension Contributions
- -Flexible working hours, Prayer and Parking facilities
- -Support with continuous professional development
This would be an ideal role for a Systems & Data Developer looking to make a difference in a rewarding role within the Charity Sector! We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so for the best chance of success please apply today – we would love to hear from you.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Action For Humanity also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
1 Attach your CV or fill application form.
2 A covering letter briefly outlining how you meet the required qualities and skills and how you would manage the key duties and responsibilities and where appropriate, evidence (maximum 1,000 words).
3 Demonstrate you have full rights to work in the UK.
4 Please email above information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title in the subject line.
We reserve the right to close this post early, where we receive a high number of applications and you are advised to submit your completed application form as early as possible, to avoid disappointment. Applicants are encouraged to visit our website, read the job description carefully and person specification to assist you in completing your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If any of the three requirements are missing in your application, your application will not be considered.
Please mention where you heard of this vacancy when you apply for this position.SR believes in treating everyone with dignity and respect and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
Please note, the position you are applying for has been identified as requiring an Accuity Check