|Job Title||Programmes Coordinator|
|Reports To||Head of Programmes|
|Salary||Depending on Experience|
|Closing Date||Thursday, February 25, 2021|
Here at Syria Relief we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Programmes Coordinator to join our Head Office team based in Salford, Greater Manchester. You will join us on a full-time basis as part of an initial 1-year fixed term contract with a view to progressing into a permanent role. In return, you will receive a competitive salary, which will be negotiable depending on experience.
Syria Relief is a UK based charity providing humanitarian assistance and implementing long term projects in Syria and the Middle East. In terms of geographical outreach, the organisation is expanding to other regions, i.e. Asia and Africa, hence making it an exciting time to join. The organisation runs a range of programmes across several thematic sectors including healthcare, education, food security, livelihoods, WASH and orphan and family support.
As our Programmes Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring existing projects, maintaining donor relations, expanding donor funding and facilitating communication between stakeholders. The role will also involve collaborating with and supporting our country offices, head of programmes, programme managers, and the MEAL Departments in our field offices, whilst ensuring compliance when working with donors and implementing partners.
The ideal candidate will have excellent coordination skills, along with fluency in written and spoken English. The candidate will also be passionate about the humanitarian sector and will demonstrate a genuine commitment to the organisation’s growth and success.
We are ideally looking to appoint somebody immediately to this role.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Programmes Coordinator:
- -Successfully coordinate between programmes staff in the field as well at HQ.
- -Manage donor relationships
- -Facilitate all aspects of project management for assigned proposal efforts, including initial research, review and analysis, template creation, task management, kick-off/status calls, scheduling, input review/consolidation and delivery;
- -Project Cycle management, including needs assessments, formulation of concept notes, proposals and budgets
- -Ensure financial transfers are made on time for the field programmes to run smoothly and coordinate with Finance department to check the balances
- -Monitoring of project progress through field trips, close communication with project staff, monitoring of expenditure, communication with donors and problem solving.
- -Monitoring compliance with procedures or policies and flagging breaches to the line manager.
- -Provide support to monitoring and evaluation teams, assisting in capacity building where appropriate.
- -Supporting countries in developing submitting high quality reports (narrative and financial).
- -Supporting the Finance Manager and the Programmes finance officer, in the processing of all grant claims and payments, ensuring reconciliation with Syria Relief systems.
- -Maintaining files for all grants, in line with established systems.
- -Ensuring project narrative and financial reports are updated as required.
- -Represent Syria Relief at humanitarian meetings as appropriate, including donor meetings.
- -Ensuring that Syria Relief’s reputation is enhanced in all representation / liaison activities.
- -Support other departments in development of appeals.
- -To keep up to date with the major issues and solutions pertaining to Syria Relief.
- -Collect information for other Departments on field trips, as requested.
Benefits of joining us as our Programmes Coordinator include:
- -30 days Annual Leave including bank holidays
- -Matched pension contribution
- -Sick Pay
- -Prayer facilities
What we’re looking for in our Programmes Coordinator:
- -Educated to degree level in a relevant field e.g. international development
- -5 years’ experience in the charity sector
- -2 years’ experience in a similar role
- -Ability to work in a team
- -Advanced planning and organisational skills, able to delegate effectively and proactively identify obstacles
- -Strong cost management capability, including managing budgets, challenging costs & interpreting data.
- -Strong IT skills including: Excel, Outlook
- -A willingness to work variable hours, with occasional weekend and evening work and to travel, both national and international
- -Strong written and spoken English essential
- -Spoken Arabic desirable
- -Other languages bonus
This would be an ideal role for an experienced Senior Programmes Officer to take the next step in developing their career, or a Programmes Coordinator looking for a rewarding role within the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so for the best chance of success please apply today to become our Programmes Coordinator – we would love to hear from you.
Please note this is a Manchester based role only, and we will only review applications where the candidate has demonstrated they have the right to work within the UK.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com