Junior Digital Marketing Officer
|Job Title||Digital Marketing Assistant|
|Hours||Full-time or Part-time|
|Reports To||Media and Marketing Manager|
|Salary||Based on Experience|
|Closing Date||Tuesday, December 1, 2020|
Overview of the Role
Syria Relief are looking for a skilled and confident Digital Marketing Assistant to join the marketing team of the international humanitarian charity. We are looking for a passionate and confident individual with a detailed understanding of digital marketing concepts and best practices.The ideal candidate will have a passion for all things marketing and technology. You will be well-versed in the concepts surrounding digital marketing you will be tech-savvy, creative and have great ideas to reinforce our marketing campaign. You will work within the Marketing, Mediaand Communicationsteam to drive the digital marketing strategy.This role ideally suits an individual who is looking for the opportunity to develop their career within a thought-provoking environment.
About Syria Relief
Syria Relief is one of the leading Syria-focused charities in the world. We are working on the ground in some of the hardest to reach areas of Syria as well as Jordan, Iraq, Turkey, UKand Yemen. By working closely with our partners and offices on the ground, we are able to distribute aid in an effective, efficient and transparent way to ensure that we make a sustainable and meaningful difference to the communities we are supporting. We are focused on providing medical care, food aid, education, water and shelter to the millions of Syriansdisplaced across the region. As well as establishing long term projects such as schools, hospitalsand livelihood projects, we have responded to many emergencies.
- Support all digital marketing activity as directed by the Marketing Manager
- Schedule content for social media across all channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter)
- Monitor paid social ads constantly testing to see how performance can be improved
- Work with copywriters and design to create engaging ad copy
- Support the optimisation of PPC activity to generate donation revenue
- Support copywriting of online content– blogs, online content and ad copy
- Contribute to regular email marketing and newsletter production.
- Support in the development of our website by feeding in performance data from key channels to give insight on any changes required to improve core user journeys
- Be actively involved in the development of SEO activities
- Database and website maintenance.
- Use data to identify opportunities for growth across new and existing channels assisting with writing content and blogs, SEO activities, research and analysis and paid advertising
Qualifications/ Experience: Essential
- BSc/BA in marketing or a related degree
- Understanding of digital marketing concepts and best practices
- Excellent knowledge of social media including paid social
- Good understanding of Google Analytics
- Excellent IT skills
- Understanding of PPC and SEO
- Knowledge of CRM tools, Google AdWords, and online analytics.
- Understanding of advanced marketing principals.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- A true passion for all things digital and technology related, keeping abreast with industry news and evolving technologies
Qualifications/ Experience: Desirable
- 1-2+ years Digital Marketing experience including
- Experience within a digital marketing role marketing
- Proven track record in SEO and PPC
- Adobe Creative Suite experience
- Experience in the charity sector
- Experience using Umbraco or WordPress
- 1+ Facebook Business Manager
- Understanding of email marketing (MailChimp)
1 Attach your CV or fill application form.
2 A covering letter briefly outlining how you meet the required qualities and skills and how you would manage the key duties and responsibilities and where appropriate, evidence (maximum 1,000 words).
3 Demonstrate you have full rights to work in the UK.
4 Please email above information to [email protected] with the Job Title in the subject line.
We reserve the right to close this post early, where we receive a high number of applications and you are advised to submit your completed application form as early as possible, to avoid disappointment. Applicants are encouraged to visit our website, read the job description carefully and person specification to assist you in completing your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If any of the three requirements are missing in your application, your application will not be considered.
Please mention where you heard of this vacancy when you apply for this position.SR believes in treating everyone with dignity and respect and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
Please note, the position you are applying for has been identified as requiring an Accuity Check