HR Business Partner
|Job Title||HR Business Partner|
|Location||Salford, Greater Manchester|
|Reports To||Head of Finance & Services|
|Salary||£28,000 - £33,000|
|Closing Date||Monday, January 31, 2022|
Here at Syria Relief we have an exciting opportunity for an HR Business Partner to join our team based in Salford, Greater Manchester. You will join us on a full-time basis as part of an initial 1-year fixed term contract with a view to progressing into a permanent role. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £28k - £33k per annum.
Syria Relief is a charity that aims to provide aid and assistance to people affected by natural and man-made disasters. Our vision is a world of crises-resilient communities. Our mission is to mobilise and respond to emergencies and critical needs through humanitarian, development and peace-building action, helping affected communities survive, recover and build a better future.
As our HR Business Partner, the successful candidate will manage Human Resource activities for the charity, providing a strategic, advisory and generalist service. Reporting to the Head of Finance & Services, the role will include HR planning, updating and maintaining personnel files of all staff, consultants, volunteers and trustees, recruitment, processing starters and leavers, producing reports, updating policies, supporting line managers with performance management, arranging training, and advising staff and line managers on HR related issues.
The HR BP will aid the charity in adding value to overall strategic objectives, providing HR solutions, resolving personnel grievances, retaining a talented workforce, and ensuring compliance with regulations.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a good understanding of business functions, good communication skills, good interpersonal skills, strategic thinking, and good organisational skills.
Key responsibilities of the HR Business Partner:
- -Develop a plan for HR activities in line with organisational strategy.
- -Execute the HR plan, ensuring a robust HR service is provided to all employees and line managers.
- -Improve the HR function within the organisation to ensure standardisation, objectivity, and improve equal opportunities.
- -Ensure all HR policies and procedures are up to date, in line with employment law and best practice.
- -Ensure all HR records are up to date in line with legal requirements, and AFH policies and procedures.
- -Manage Health and Safety, mitigating risks and act as the H&S focal point
- -Manage Employee and Volunteer Safeguarding, ensuring the safety of staff and volunteers
- -Manage Organisational Policies, and to ensure compliance to organisational policies.
Benefits of joining us as our HR Business Partner include:
- -Company Holidays
- -Sick Pay, and Matched Pension Contributions
- -Flexible working hours, Prayer and Parking facilities
- -Support with continuous professional development
- -A chance to work alongside visionaries and leaders from the charity sector
- -Fun teambuilding away days!
What we’re looking for in our HR Business Partner:
- -Educated to Degree Level
- -CIPD level 5 or equivalent
- -5 years Generalist HR Experience
- -Understanding of employment law
- -Understanding of HMRC and NI
- -Strong written and spoken English essential
- -Experience in a non-profit or a similar organisation desirable
- -Understanding of international HR desirable
This would be an ideal role for an experienced HR Generalist or Business Partner looking to make a difference in a rewarding role within the Charity Sector! We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so for the best chance of success please apply today – we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com
Please also complete the following survey to help us with monitoring our diversity and inclusion:
Syria Relief is a brand of Action For Humanity.
- -Believe in the cause - We believe in changing a situation from negative to lasting positive; helping those in need; saving and transforming lives for the better is what drives us.
- -Work together - Teamwork is the backbone of our work’s success.
- -Give with grit - Being a “gritty” person means perseverance and passion for long-term goals; hence, freely giving with courage, conscientiousness, and resilience; acting with optimism, confidence, and creativity as you strive for excellence.
- -Make life better - Ultimately, our work is to make life, in its holistic sense, better for everyone, and everything, including the environment.
Our culture is fast paced, yet welcoming, collaborative, and compassionate. As a charity concentrating on international development, we’re focused on ensuring our employees have a great experience with us, and are always learning, developing, and gaining a deeper understanding of the programmes we do, and why we do them.
Our work environment is friendly, open, and transparent – we’re not hierarchical, and junior and senior staff work closely together, aiding in the professional development of all staff.
Our Commitment to Safeguarding
Action For Humanity is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Action For Humanity engages.
Action For Humanity expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Action For Humanity also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme: https://www.schr.info/the-misconduct-disclosure-scheme
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.