Graphic Designer and Videographer
|Job Title||Graphic Designer and Videographer|
|Location||Salford, Greater Manchester|
|Reports To||Head of Marketing and Communications|
|Closing Date||Monday, June 13, 2022|
Here at Action For Humanity we have an exciting opportunity for a Graphic Designer and Videographer to join our Marketing & Communications team based in Salford, Greater Manchester. You will join us on a full-time basis as part of an initial 1-year fixed term contract with a view to progressing into a permanent role. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £21k - £23k per annum.
Action For Humanity (AFH) is a charity that aims to provide aid and assistance to people affected by natural and man-made disasters. Our vision is a world of crises-resilient communities. Our mission is to mobilise and respond to emergencies and critical needs through humanitarian, development and peace-building action, helping affected communities survive, recover and build a better future.
As our Graphic Designer and Videographer, the successful candidate will create exciting and engaging high quality video content, design print material, promotional material, and digital assets. Additionally, the role requires the individual to work within the marketing and media team to create and develop marketing content. The post holder of this position must be confident in both design and video editing.
Key responsibilities of the Graphic Designer and Videographer include:
- Produce high quality content for the charity (both digital and print), working closely with the Multimedia Content Producer to create range of design pieces, from social media posts to long form report design.
- Support development of content plans to ensure an excellent online user journey through the use of video and photography.
- Work closely with the marketing officers to ensure video and photography content is developed and used and effectively optimised for digital.
- Contribute to the messaging and other marketing and communications plans, enhancing the online presence and overall brand awareness in order to advance the charity’s vision
- Using industry software such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator to create visual designs.
- Ensure all material is compliant and adheres to Action for Humanities brand, values and vision.
- Deliver on design briefs for internal stakeholders requesting design and video requests.
- Contribute and develop marketing and fundraising campaigns.
- Establish a clear understanding of the storyline and purpose of the video's creation.
Benefits of joining us as our Graphic Designer and Videographer include:
- Company Holidays
- Sick Pay, and Matched Pension Contributions
- Flexible working hours, Prayer and Parking facilities
- Support with continuous professional development
What we’re looking for in our Graphic Designer and Videographer:
- Ability to edit video content to a high standard, ensuring audio is in sync, content is well paced, graphics are used effectively, and the overall video meets a brief.
- Ability to operate, maintain and troubleshoot issues with audio and video equipment.
- Knowledge of professional audio and/or video tape editing and post-production procedures, techniques, and standards.
- Degree or experience in relevant field i.e., Graphic Design, Media Production, Video Production and Marketing, Art and Design etc.
- Proven experience in aspects of graphic content (print marketing, corporate materials, promotional materials, digital assets)
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, InDesign, Illustator, Photoshop)
- Experience in operating audio and video equipment.
- Proven experience of video work from capture to postproduction.
- Project and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and interpretive ability
- Able to identify powerful human-interest stories which highlight the charity’s work
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude; comfortable with continuously changing priorities in a fast-paced environment, and keen to learn
- Communicate complex projects within demanding deadlines
- Good understanding of online design
- A willingness to work variable hours, with occasional weekend and evening work and to travel, both national and international
- Strong written and spoken English
- Written and spoken Arabic or French desirable, but not essential.
This would be an ideal role for a Graphic Designer and Videographer looking to make a difference in a rewarding role within the Charity Sector! We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so for the best chance of success please apply today – we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also complete the following survey to help us with monitoring our diversity and inclusion:
- Believe in the cause- We believe in changing a situation from negative to lasting positive; helping those in need; saving and transforming lives for the better is what drives us.
- Work together- Teamwork is the backbone of our work’s success.
- Give with grit- Being a “gritty” person means perseverance and passion for long-term goals; hence, freely giving with courage, conscientiousness, and resilience; acting with optimism, confidence, and creativity as you strive for excellence.
- Make life better- Ultimately, our work is to make life, in its holistic sense, better for everyone, and everything, including the environment.
Our culture is fast paced, yet welcoming, collaborative, and compassionate. As a charity concentrating on international development, we’re focused on ensuring our employees have a great experience with us, and are always learning, developing, and gaining a deeper understanding of the programmes we do, and why we do them.
Our work environment is friendly, open, and transparent – we’re not hierarchical, and junior and senior staff work closely together, aiding in the professional development of all staff.
Our Commitment to Safeguarding
Action For Humanity is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Action For Humanity engages.
Action For Humanity expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Action For Humanity also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme: https://www.schr.info/the-misconduct-disclosure-scheme
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.