Fundraising & Income Generation Manager
|Job Title||Fundraising & Income Generation Manager|
|Location||Salford, Greater Manchester. Can be based anywhere in the UK, but frequent travel to HQ will be required.|
|Salary||£33k - £39.5k, Depending on experience|
|Closing Date||Monday, January 31, 2022|
Here at Syria Relief we have an exciting opportunity for a Fundraising & Income Generation Manager to join our team based in Salford, Greater Manchester. You will join us on a full-time basis as part of an initial 1-year fixed term contract with a view to progressing into a permanent role. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £33k - £39.5k per annum.
Syria Relief is a Brand of Action For Humanity, which is a charity that aims to provide aid and assistance to people affected by natural and man-made disasters. Our vision is a world of crises-resilient communities. Our mission is to mobilise and respond to emergencies and critical needs through humanitarian, development and peace-building action, helping affected communities survive, recover and build a better future.
We have recently developed a new 5-year strategy, where one of the key strategic goals is to diversify resources for growth, securing sustainable income and strengthening strategic partnerships. In order to help achieve this goal, we are recruiting a Fundraising & Income Generation Manager, where the successful candidate will report directly to the CEO, manage and strengthen the range of funding streams the charity currently has, and develop and build new partnerships, to ultimately increase income.
The role holder will provide a creative and dynamic external focus to identify and develop a range of income generation initiatives beyond the scope of existing fundraising activity, including but not limited to; building corporate partnerships, benefitting from CSR schemes, utilising networks, developing long term relationships with high net worth individuals and major donors, forging new business opportunities, and supporting the current team of Fundraising Consultants.
Key responsibilities of the Fundraising & Income Generation Manager:
- -Diversifying income streams and building new partnerships
- -To personally build and manage a “top prospect” list of high net worth individuals, corporate partners and grant making sources to lead from the front and have a measurable personal impact on fundraising goals.
- -To work towards achieving income targets
- -Supporting Fundraising Consultants, maintaining current fundraising activities & supporting the wider team
- -Managing, arranging and attending Live TV Appeals, such as on Islam Channel and other networks
- -Managing and arranging Deployments and Field Visits for fundraising, acting as the central point of contact for those travelling, as well as the point of contact for field and/or partner offices.
- -Managing all reporting of fundraising activity, including for trustee reports, reports for donors, income reports, and working closely with programmes on developing feedback / programmes update / reports for donors and / or fundraisers.
- -Building the charity’s external fundraising profile, and positioning the charity effectively as an impactful, trustworthy and efficient charity of choice for donors:
- -Ensuring fundraising policies and procedures are developed and followed
- -Ensuring compliance with the Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Conduct
- -Acting as the risk manager for the fundraising department
Benefits of joining us as our Fundraising & Income Generation Manager include:
- -Company Holidays
- -Sick Pay, and Matched Pension Contributions
- -Flexible working hours, Prayer and Parking facilities
- -Support with continuous professional development
- -A chance to work alongside visionaries and leaders from the charity sector
What we’re looking for in our Fundraising & Income Generation Manager:
- -Qualification in fundraising beneficial but not essential
- -An in-depth current knowledge of all aspects of fundraising and income generation.
- -A proven creative commercial approach to income generation activities backed up with a strong understanding of the market.
- -Evidence of a range of innovative ideas and thinking related to income generation that complements but extends beyond traditional fundraising.
- -Proven leadership success with securing new business with a strategic approach to engaging the charity in the process of identifying and pursuing opportunities.
- -Able to build and implement a programme to identify and foster medium and long term contacts for future income generation opportunities.
- -Strong negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to act in a diplomatic, credible and effective manner.
- -Ability to think strategically and plan ahead, whilst also being flexible and reacting swiftly to changing needs and demanding situations.
- -An excellent planning and project management approach with the ability to ensure varied activity is coordinated and coherent, to support others in this approach.
- -Strong financial skills and numerical analysis with the ability to produce credible effective data or reports and discuss details with confidence.
- -Highly developed and effective verbal, presentation and written skills.
- -Strong written and spoken English essential
- -Other languages such as Arabic, French, Urdu or Bengali beneficial but not essential
This would be an ideal role for an experienced Fundraising Coordinator or Manager looking to take the next step in their career, and to make a difference in a rewarding role within the Charity Sector! We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so for the best chance of success please apply today – we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also complete the following survey to help us with monitoring our diversity and inclusion: