Donor Relations Coordinator
|Job Title||Donor Relations Coordinator|
|Location||Salford, Greater Manchester.|
|Reports To||Head of Finance & Services|
|Salary||£26k - £28k|
|Closing Date||Monday, January 31, 2022|
Here at Syria Relief we have an exciting opportunity for a Donor Relations Coordinator to join our team based in Salford, Greater Manchester. You will join us on a full-time basis as part of an initial 1-year fixed term contract with a view to progressing into a permanent role. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £26k - £28k per annum.
Syria Relief is a Brand of Action For Humanity, which is a charity that aims to provide aid and assistance to people affected by natural and man-made disasters. Our vision is a world of crises-resilient communities. Our mission is to mobilise and respond to emergencies and critical needs through humanitarian, development and peace-building action, helping affected communities survive, recover and build a better future.
As our Donor Relations Coordinator, the successful candidate will be an integral member of the team, and play a key role in supporting the charity’s fundraising efforts. The Donor Relations Coordinator will help the charity achieve fundraising goals through prospect research and analysis, donor cultivation, stewardship, and retention; management of donor records and gifts; planning and logistics; and special events.
Key responsibilities of the Donor Relations Coordinator:
- -Effectively maintaining conducive relations with existing donors and adopt innovative measures to attract, engage a new donor base to increase funding.
- -Take concrete steps to expand the donor database for use throughout the year and specifically during campaigns.
- -Ensure that the department is a customer care and service provider ensuring that each donor is treated as a unique customer.
- -Build and manage relationship with donors and provide regular and timely feedback.
Benefits of joining us as our Donor Relations Coordinator include:
- -Company Holidays
- -Sick Pay, and Matched Pension Contributions
- -Flexible working hours, Prayer and Parking facilities
- -Support with continuous professional development
- -A chance to work alongside visionaries and leaders from the charity sector
What we’re looking for in our Donor Relations Coordinator:
- -Several years’ experience in customer service or donor relations
- -Project management
- -Call centre management, including working towards and monitoring KPIs
- -Recording and reporting on statistics
- -Customer service
- -Ticket Sales
- -CRM systems
- -Excellent communication and presentation skills
- -Excellent analytical and interpretive ability
- -Coaching and motivating staff
- -Performance reports
- -Staff rotas
- -Handling difficult people
- -A willingness to work variable hours, with occasional weekend and evening work
- -Strong written and spoken English essential
- -Other language e.g. Arabic (Desirable)
This would be an ideal role for an experienced Contact Centre Team Leader looking to make a difference in a rewarding role within the Charity Sector! We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so for the best chance of success please apply today – we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com
Please also complete the following survey to help us with monitoring our diversity and inclusion:
- -Believe in the cause- We believe in changing a situation from negative to lasting positive; helping those in need; saving and transforming lives for the better is what drives us.
- -Work together- Teamwork is the backbone of our work’s success.
- -Give with grit- Being a “gritty” person means perseverance and passion for long-term goals; hence, freely giving with courage, conscientiousness, and resilience; acting with optimism, confidence, and creativity as you strive for excellence.
- -Make life better- Ultimately, our work is to make life, in its holistic sense, better for everyone, and everything, including the environment.
Our culture is fast paced, yet welcoming, collaborative, and compassionate. As a charity concentrating on international development, we’re focused on ensuring our employees have a great experience with us, and are always learning, developing, and gaining a deeper understanding of the programmes we do, and why we do them.
Our work environment is friendly, open, and transparent – we’re not hierarchical, and junior and senior staff work closely together, aiding in the professional development of all staff.
Our Commitment to Safeguarding
Action For Humanity is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Action For Humanity engages.
Action For Humanity expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Action For Humanity also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme: https://www.schr.info/the-misconduct-disclosure-scheme
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.