|Job Title||Donor Care Operator – Telephone Fundraiser|
|Hours||0-32 hours per week|
|Location||Salford, Greater Manchester|
|Reports To||Donor Care Manager|
|Salary||£8.91 per hour (Increasing to £9.50 in April 2022)|
|Closing Date||Monday, March 28, 2022|
Here at Syria Relief we have an exciting opportunity for an entry level call centre operator to join our Head Office team based in Salford, Greater Manchester. You will join us on a variable hour contract, which can vary between 0 and 32 hours per week, and is flexible. In return, you will receive an hourly rate of £8.91 (increasing to £9.50 in April 2022).
Syria Relief is a UK based charity providing humanitarian assistance and implementing long term projects in Syria and the Middle East. In terms of geographical outreach, the organisation is expanding to other regions, i.e. Asia and Africa, hence making it an exciting time to join. The organisation runs a range of programmes across several thematic sectors including healthcare, education, food security, livelihoods, WASH and orphan and family support. The contact centre’s function is to provide full customer service for Syria Relief’s donors, as well as contacting donors to update them on our latest campaigns in order to generate income.
We are looking for Donor Care Operators, where the successful candidates will be responsible for calling our existing donors, and updating them on our campaigns. The role will be target based, and operators will be expected to pitch our charitable programmes to donors to generate donations. Full training will be given, including pitch training and donation processing.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, along with fluency in written and spoken English. The candidate will also be passionate about the humanitarian sector and will demonstrate a genuine commitment to the organisation’s growth and success.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Donor Care Operator:
• Outbound Calls to Donors – warm calls informing donors of current projects
• Building new relations and retaining existing donors
• Inbound calls
• Handling customer inquiries via telephone and email
• Achieving targets
• Advising donors of efficient and secure payment methods i.e. direct debits
• Ensure donor receipts are sent out in a timely manner
• Corresponding with donors in appropriate format i.e. written, email or phones
• Updating information accurately
Benefits of joining us as our Donor Care Operator:
• A chance to make a difference
• To work in a fun environment with friendly colleagues
• Prayer facilities
What we’re looking for in our Donor Care Operator:
• Passionate about the charity sector
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in fundraising or sales would be beneficial
• Strong IT skills
• A willingness to work variable hours, with weekend and evening work
• Strong written and spoken English essential
• Spoken Arabic desirable
• Other languages bonus
Please note, this is a Manchester based role only, and we will only review applications where the candidate has demonstrated they have the right to work within the UK.
This would be an ideal role for someone looking for a flexible, rewarding role, and to enter into the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role immediately and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so for the best chance of success please apply today to become our Donor Care Operator – we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org