Community Engagement Executive
|Job Title||Community Engagement Executive|
|Hours||Part-time (1 year fixed term contract)|
|Salary||Negotiable, depending on experience|
|Closing Date||Sunday, April 4, 2021|
Here at Syria Relief we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Community Engagement Executive to join our team. This role will be based in London, United Kingdom. You will join us on a part-time basis as part of an initial 1-year fixed term contract with a view to progressing into a permanent role. In return, you will receive a salary which will be negotiable, depending on experience.
Syria Relief is a UK based charity providing humanitarian assistance and implementing long term projects in Syria and the Middle East. In terms of geographical outreach, the organisation is expanding to other regions, i.e. Asia and Africa, hence making it an exciting time to join. The organisation runs a range of programmes across several thematic sectors including healthcare, education, food security, livelihoods, WASH and orphan and family support.
This role will be home based, however the majority of the work will be based in London, United Kingdom.
The Community Engagement Executive is a member of the fundraising team and is responsible for raising awareness of the work of Syria Relief through building and developing contacts, networks and delivering presentations and talks to a variety of audiences including faith-based organisations, schools, and community groups. Community Engagement Executive role requires a creative approach to generating income. The successful candidate should have excellent communication skills and an ability to motivate and inspire others and would enjoy working in an organisation where creativity and innovation are valued.
We are ideally looking to appoint somebody immediately to this role.
Key Duties and Responsibilities of the Community Engagement Executive
- -Contributing to the development and implementation of Syria Relief’s community fundraising plan.
- -Initiating new relationships and researching new fundraising opportunities from a wide range of community sources including faith-based organisations, community groups and the general public.
- -Exploring opportunities to obtain gifts in kind e.g. with retailers, the public.
- -Raising awareness of Syria Relief’s work through local media, events, networks and presentations.
- -Complying with organisational and regulatory standards and best practice for fundraising.
- -Working co-operatively with colleagues including volunteers across Syria Relief’s teams in the UK and international offices.
Benefits of joining us as our Community Engagement Executive include:
- -Matched pension contribution
- -Sick Pay
What we’re looking for in our Community Engagement Executive:
- -Strong written and spoken English is essential
- -Knowledge of Arabic is desirable
- -Experience of a minimum of 5 years working in the charity sector
- -Understanding of relevant legislation/charity law affecting fundraising practice and event management;
- -Ability to successfully manage a full and varied workload independently whilst working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- -Good understanding of the Humanitarian crisis affecting Syria and the region.
- -Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- -Willingness to perform other duties as required;
- -Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
- -Willing and able to work variable hours, with occasional weekend and evening work and to travel within the UK and abroad as required.
This would be an ideal role for an experienced Community Engagement Executive looking for a rewarding role within the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so for the best chance of success please apply today to become our Community Engagement Executive – we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com