CEO Office Manger
|Job Title||CEO Office Manger|
|Location||Salford, Greater Manchester|
|Salary||£24k - £29.5k|
|Closing Date||Monday, January 31, 2022|
Here at Syria Relief we have an exciting opportunity for a CEO Office Manager to join our team based in Salford, Greater Manchester. You will join us on a full-time basis as part of an initial 1-year fixed term contract with a view to progressing into a permanent role. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £24k - £29.5k per annum.
Syria Relief is a Brand of Action For Humanity, which is a charity that aims to provide aid and assistance to people affected by natural and man-made disasters. Our vision is a world of crises-resilient communities. Our mission is to mobilise and respond to emergencies and critical needs through humanitarian, development and peace-building action, helping affected communities survive, recover and build a better future.
Action for Humanity has experienced a recent period of growth and as a result, we are looking for a CEO Office Manager to work closely with the CEO and the executive team. The role will consist of varied duties, and overall will be responsible for administering the ongoing international organisational expansion, representing the organisation, and supporting the CEO with high level tasks.
The Post holder will take leadership on administrative and management priorities. He/she is expected to have an immediate impact on productivity, through streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing management of organisational activities, and communicating objectives between departments.
The CEO Office Manager will also play a key role in planning, developing and positioning the organisation in regards to partnering with external stakeholders– nationally and internationally – and developing organisational capacities.
Key responsibilities of the CEO Office Manager:
- -Managing CEO Office
- -Coordinating with internal stakeholders
- -Assisting and communicating with the CEO and SLT throughout the decision-making, management and initiative implementation stages
- -Attending SLT meetings
- -Liaising with External Stakeholder & International Operations
- -Assisting with Action for Humanity’s current international expansion, including, but not limited to Canada and France. In essence this role will provide support in the organisation’s development within emerging markets.
- -Support International Affiliates to ensure the smooth running of their operations
- -Conduct research and produce reports, speeches and briefings for the CEO as and when required
- -Additional duties as required.
Benefits of joining us as our CEO Office Manager include:
- -Company Holidays
- -Sick Pay, and Matched Pension Contributions
- -Flexible working hours, Prayer and Parking facilities
- -Support with continuous professional development
- -A chance to work alongside visionaries and leaders from the charity sector
What we’re looking for in our CEO Office Manager:
- -A bachelor’s degree (Business Management/ Leadership related practice would be advantageous)
- -Track record and extensive experience in a senior executive assistance role
- -Project management (from inception to execution)
- -Excellent communication skills
- -Strategic thinker
- -Strong problem analysis skills
- -Can anticipate and avert problems
- -Organisational and Political intelligence
- -Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- -Demonstrate strategic vision and understanding of how to implement strategy
- -Strong written and spoken English essential
- -Written and spoken Arabic would be a bonus
This would be an ideal role for an experienced Executive Assistant looking to take the next step in their career, and make a difference in a rewarding role within the Charity Sector! We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so for the best chance of success please apply today – we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also complete the following survey to help us with monitoring our diversity and inclusion:
- -Believe in the cause- We believe in changing a situation from negative to lasting positive; helping those in need; saving and transforming lives for the better is what drives us.
- -Work together- Teamwork is the backbone of our work’s success.
- -Give with grit- Being a “gritty” person means perseverance and passion for long-term goals; hence, freely giving with courage, conscientiousness, and resilience; acting with optimism, confidence, and creativity as you strive for excellence.
- -Make life better- Ultimately, our work is to make life, in its holistic sense, better for everyone, and everything, including the environment.
Our culture is fast paced, yet welcoming, collaborative, and compassionate. As a charity concentrating on international development, we’re focused on ensuring our employees have a great experience with us, and are always learning, developing, and gaining a deeper understanding of the programmes we do, and why we do them.
Our work environment is friendly, open, and transparent – we’re not hierarchical, and junior and senior staff work closely together, aiding in the professional development of all staff.
Our Commitment to Safeguarding
Action For Humanity is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Action For Humanity engages.
Action For Humanity expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Action For Humanity also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme: https://www.schr.info/the-misconduct-disclosure-scheme
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.